54 sq km.
Large cities: Hamilton
Bermuda’s bus scene is dominated by the pink and blue buses of the Bermuda Passenger Transport Board, with in addition a small number of tourist buses.
Motor vehicles were banned from Bermuda from 1908 until during the second world war vehicles were brought in and after the war private vehicles were allowed and the first buses arrived in 1946. Instead of motor vehicles horse drawn carts and carriages were used and from 1931-1948 an interesting railway with gasoline-powered engines operated. The railway history can be found on:
Contributions were made by:
Jos Nederend (August 2009)